Snowmobiling is a wonderful way to enjoy winter in Northern Michigan, however without proper precautions it can also be very dangerous. To help keep you safe we've compiled a list of important snowmobile safety tips. Be sure to also have a conversation with Frankfort Insurance on snowmobiles and insurance. If you haven't specifically purchased snowmobile coverage you're probably riding uninsured!
- Take a snowmobile safety course.
- Know the weather and trail conditions before leaving.
- Wear appropriate clothes and protective gear.
- Be sure your snowmobile is mechanically sound.
- Leave a route plan with friends or family.
- Ride with a buddy.
- Carry an emergency kit including a phone.
- Stay alert at all times and do not speed.
- Never drink and snowmobile.
- Know what insurance coverage you would have if there was snowmobile accident?
“Snowmobile safety tips” https://www.markelinsurance.com/snowmobile/resources/snowmobile-safety-tips
Web. February 2018.